All participants must check in on arrival at the conference and will receive their name badge then. The name badge is required for admittance to all conference sessions and events. Each participant is asked to wear and clearly display the name badge at all times during the conference and the included social events in order to gain access. The name badge will contain first name, last name and university/ institution/ company of the attendee.
If you would like to stay up-to-date regarding the SHC 2012 conference, please register for the newsletter here.
The opening session will be on Monday, July 9, 2012 at 9 am.
Presentation time and schedule:
- The detailed program showing the time and place of your oral session can be found on the conference website. A printed program will be handed out during the registration.
- Regular oral presentations are 15 min. including 3 minutes of discussion time. Please make sure to strictly keep this time limit.
- The time slot for invited lectures and presentations is explicitly mentioned in the conference program.
- Presentations in .ppt format, .pdf format as well as Apple keynote will be accepted. If you have created your presentation in Apple .ppt, please test it on a Windows PC to ensure that it displays correctly.
- Avoid any external links in your presentation. The presentation computers do not have an internet connection.
- Non-standard fonts should be embedded.
- All pictures and graphs must be embedded without links.
- Experience shows that video films often cause problems. If you plan to use video films, please check them on the computers at the Media Upload Desk when handing in your presentation.
Presentation upload at the conference:
- All oral presentations must be turned in at the Media Upload Desk on site at the conference. Our technical support team will welcome you there on Sunday evening during the Pre-Registration as well as Monday to Wednesday from 8:00 a.m.
- The Media Upload Desk is close to the Registration Desk and not far from the conference room.
- Please upload and check your presentation well in advance and preferably one day before your presentation.
- You will not be able to display your presentation directly from your laptop computer or memory stick. All presentations must be uploaded to the conference system in advance.
- Please meet your chairs and co-chairs inside the conference room at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your oral session and familiarize yourself with the technical equipment.
Other important things you should pay attention to:
- Please make sure that your presentation and memory stick do not contain computer viruses of any kind. If you hand in an infected memory stick, you will be asked to come again later with a virus-free stick.